The Republic of Freedomia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Republic of Freedomia

Internet Forum for the Republic of Freedomia

LONG LIVE FREEDOMIA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FREEDOMIA!
Attention! Please visit the citizenship area and apply to become a citizen!
Freedomian Territories have been reorganized, with new cities being established.
No War announcements at this time, check in later. Smile
Freedomian Expo: Confirmed by PM Williams that expo will be scheduled for April 10th, 2012, at 12:00.
You can advertise in Freedomia for small fees! We accept dollars, Burgins, and most foreign currencies. Contact our President if interested!
Geraldo School project completed!
The 2012 Freedomian General Elections are coming in! Get ready! Very Happy
These forums are restored as of July 2016!

3 posters

"State of a Republic" A speech on the future of Freedomia

Mark Williams II
    Mark Williams II
    Emperor
    Emperor

Aries Posts : 1473

"State of a Republic" A speech on the future of Freedomia Empty "State of a Republic" A speech on the future of Freedomia

Post by Mark Williams II 5th June 2012, 9:43 am

“State of a Republic”
    By: Mark Williams II

Citizens of Freedomia, Honorable members of the Senate,

As the founder of this nation, I want only the best for it, and seek to advance its interests. I know how we can reach our aspirations of international recognition, of civilization, of prosperity, and of harmony with our world and its nations. Unfortunately, it is easier said than done. Together, our nation, our democracy, however, can work united and accomplish these many—despite being challenging—goals.

We must first purge the elements that, knowingly or not, hinder on our blossoming. I love this nation, and I will go to the ends of the earth to see that it becomes the place we have all dreamed of. I know what is best for our country, because I have Freedomia's glorious future planned to the last detail—obviously, of course, this careful planning can only take effect with the cooperation of the entire citizenry and government.

To begin, we must remind ourselves what we are not. We are called the Republic of Freedomia for many reasons, one of them being that we are not a federation. Territories cannot secede or dissolve without the approval of our Imperial Senate—however, perhaps, even that requirement could be in need of revision, for the sake of democracy and stability.

The Senate, despite recently holding a Constitutional Convention, will need to pass more amendments to the Constitution. It is indeed regrettable that we must make further changes to the Constitution, but it is also a necessity. Firstly, Freedomia's minimum territory requirement should be increased to 5. Second, the secession/dissolution of territories should require, instead of a decision by the Senate, a referendum by the entire citizenry of Freedomia—with a majority vote required. Second, an additional amendment, regarding amendments themselves, should be passed in the senate, as follows. Any amendments to the Constitution, instead of a decision by the Senate, will require a referendum by the entire citizenry of Freedomia—with a majority vote required. Third, rather than territorial leaders choosing the government type of their territory once during their term, territorial constitutions will decide, permanently, the government type, and other things that a constitution covers, and a constitution must remain in accordance with the Constitution of Freedomia and the Code of Laws of Freedomia. Fourth, if we are to create a Code of Laws, we should have the Constitution read that the Senate may create, repeal, and manage a Code of Laws, rather than just Public Laws. Fifth, territory government types in the Constitution should include an option for hereditary monarchies.

Seeing as we have discussed the formulation of a Code of Laws, and may have them mentioned in the Constitution, it is obviously necessary to begin working on them. We must create these new laws and codify them into the Code of Laws. The Code of Laws should include public, military, governmental, foreign, and so so on—laws. These laws should include specific requirements for the creation of political parties and businesses, for example. Laws for Senate decorum should also be passed.

Not to mention the importance of reforming our hunting pass/hunting system. The Hunting Pass must instead be the Hunting and Fishing Pass, as fishing is also an important thing to have available in the pass, and a popular hobby worldwide. The ability to print the pass from online should no longer be available, and should instead be purchased with Burgins. The Code of Laws could define the cost of these Hunting and Fishing Passes, and other information/requirements. With this, special hunting zones should be designated across Freedomia.

We must see to it that passports are distributed. Entering the Republic requires a passport, in accordance with our current Public Law system. Therefore, we should create opportunities for people to receive passports—as of now, many do not know how to get one. We must also see to it that border security is enforced. Regulations for imports/exports, as well as the creation of customs and immigration facilities, are vital.

A national mint, perhaps in Freedomtropolis, needs to be created. After all, our citizens need money for numerous things—such as purchasing passports and hunting passes, and the like. If our citizens had money, we would find that our economy would drastically improve. We should work on seeing to it that the money held virtually in the National Bank of Freedomia also exists non-virtually—or at least is backed by something.

In regards to economy, it is clear that our tax system is in need of improvement. With all due respect to the Prince of Georgeton, he, in particular, should require heavier taxes. Last January, during tax season of this year, he was taxed only a few million Burgins, despite having over 5 Billion. I feel that the tax system could be reformed. 9% should be enough for taxation, and it would exist for everyone—a standard tax rate of 9%.

The Senate must vote to postpone the construction of ITHS (Inter-Territorial Highway System) in Freedomia, as well as the doubling of the size of all paths. This project is good for Freedomia and our citizens, but it is Summer now, and the heat will make it a challenge for workers to complete the project. If we postpone this project until fall, we will be able to do that two times faster, much more efficiently, and go above and beyond the requests of the Senate. In fall, the leaves come down and cover many plants, killing them, making these requests easy to fulfill. Now, though, it simply isn't possible.

I feel that our education system is in need of change. Firstly, while our system is lightweight and easy to understand, we need to add many more questions to our grade level promotion tests. Second, more schools need to be opened. Geraldo is the only territory so far to have an operating school, and we are about to exceed that record by building a second one in Concordia City.

Recently, the Principality of Georgeton did not submit their monthly territorial report to the Senate. The President of Freedomia, being the one who administrates and oversees the Monthly Territorial Reports, should institute a penalty for not submitting a report.

While our justice and judicial system is operational, we do not currently have any jails, prisons, and so on. The Imperial Senate should create an Act to re-open the St. George Military Prison, and to establish the Sbarroian Federal Penitentiary and Workhouse. Also, detention centers should be constructed, as well as jails.

We should work towards self-sustenance—energy, water purification, food gathering, etc. The Principality of Georgeton already has a booming agricultural industry, however, what else can we do?

Moles, being a primary source of property damage in many territories, including Freedomtropolis and Geraldo, should be declared enemies of the state, and fought against. I, personally, cannot tolerate hole after hole all over the lawn of the Ministorial, or on the many trails across the nation.

Additionally, I firmly believe that, noting the many reforms and changes to the Constitution in the past few months, that a national election should be held this year on November 1st. While the Constitution specifies “every two years”, the last election took place during the old Empire-Republic of Freedomia, which itself also underwent much Constitutional change, even after last year's election. With amendment upon amendment to the Constitution passed since the last election, not to mention new government reform, the establishment of the Nobility Committee, Executive posts created, and the entire nation growing and expanding, receiving a government facelift, essentially, and not to mention renaming it from the Empire-Republic of Freedomia to the Republic of Freedomia, it is clearly necessary for an election to be held. This election, I am certain, will be much needed, and necessary.

Having said that, we must also address the CFCF/New Concordia situation. I wish to thank the Freedomian Maturity and Pacifism Front for finding a solution to this war with the New Concordians. I am fairly confident that an offer to Mr. Cooper's government of membership in the Commonwealth of Freedomia will be successful. I will also see if it is possible for Jacob Smith to create a colony of his own for our Republic in the near future.

The Senate Mandatory Activity Act of 2011 should be repealed, as it was passed in a time when all senators lived in the same time zone and operated on a fairly similar schedule.

Another valid, and important, point is housing. Being Governor of the Province of Geraldo, I plan on the creation of homes, probably to be grouped collectively into subdivisions. I will offer friends and relatives to create small homes in these subdivisions, with the only requirement being Freedomian citizenship. This sounds like an enticing offer, and will probably come with an influx of new citizens, and with that, more activity.

I also wish to announce that the Green Party will soon become the Blossom with Unity Party. This Party will allow anyone—foreign and Freedomian, and those who are already in another party—to join. This Party will strive for the passing of the many things that are suggested in this, “State of a Republic”. Project Sudden Spike and Freedomia on Minecraft must continue to progress, and this party will do its best to ensure that they do.

The Province of Marena is in need of a commission, appointed by Governor Parker, to oversee its early stages of development—for example, the creation of boundaries.

I will close this speech by saying this. Every single thing that was proposed, strongly suggested, announced, or stated—all of this is necessary for the future of our Republic, so that we may witness for ourselves a dream come true.

FREIHETIA ERWACHE,
    FREEDOMIA AWAKE

Written June 4th, 2012
    Lord Georgeton
    Chancellor Judge
    Chancellor Judge

"State of a Republic" A speech on the future of Freedomia Empty Re: "State of a Republic" A speech on the future of Freedomia

Post by Lord Georgeton 5th June 2012, 3:37 pm

Georgeton asks that my lord Williams write out the report due to the lack of time. Also the prison is un useable do to the fact that it has been taken to the olde George-Darr ruins site.
    Gerenia
    Gerenia
    President
    President

"State of a Republic" A speech on the future of Freedomia Empty Re: "State of a Republic" A speech on the future of Freedomia

Post by Gerenia 7th June 2012, 9:30 pm

These things need to be discussed in the Senate as soon as possible. I hope June not to be white (for the cold spell in Gerenia and the pages we left blank...)
    Mark Williams II
    Mark Williams II
    Emperor
    Emperor

Aries Posts : 1473

Post by Mark Williams II 11th June 2012, 9:17 am

Gerenia wrote:These things need to be discussed in the Senate as soon as possible. I hope June not to be white (for the cold spell in Gerenia and the pages we left blank...)

Well, we are in session tonight, let's just hope we get more attendance than last week! Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 12th May 2024, 4:47 pm